Visit our Manchester Home Birth Conference Website for full details of speakers, workshops, programme schedule and more.
Below is a brief summary of this year’s conference speakers and workshops.
Protecting Space Respecting Choice
Saturday 8th October 2016
thestudio @ The Hive in Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- Annie Francis – National Maternity Review team member, Neighbourhood Midwives CEO and practicing caseload midwife
- Maggie Howell – Founder of Natal Hypnotherapy and mother to 5 homebirthed children
- David & Siobhan Monteith – Butterfly Award Winner (Celebrating Champions & Surviors of Baby Loss) and homebirthing parents
- Nicola Mahdiyyah Goodhall – Doula UK Mentor and doula course leader
- Elaine Brand – Homebirth Service Midwife, Birmingham Women’s NHS Hospital
- Oldham Community Midwives – local team with the highest homebirth rate in Greater Manchester
Plus spoken word poetry from Kati Edwards, founder of the ‘Birth You In Love’ project
We will also be screening the short film ‘My Choice: A Homebirth in Paris’
There will be a choice of workshops to attend including:
- Antenatal Education for Homebirth: Mary Nolan – Professor of Perinatal Education and Editor-in-Chief IJBPE
- Doulas – It takes a village: Maddie McMahon – Doula UK Mentor and doula course leader
Sponsors & Advertisers
If you or your organisation would like to work with us in making this event a big success please email email@example.com There are opportunities to sponsor the conference, exhibit, promote your organisation by advertising in our programme booklet and delegate goody bags or donate a raffle prize.
thestudio @ The Hive
51 Lever Street
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/McrHBConf